I have some wonderful & exciting news! Tamara Laporte from Willowing Arts has written a 2nd book! It’s called ‘Ever After: Create Fairy Tale-Inspired Mixed-Media Art Projects to Develop Your Personal Artistic Style’ and I get to give away a copy! Yay!!!
Let me tell you a bit more about Tam’s new book in case you haven’t heard about it yet! From celebrated mixed-media artist and author of “Create Your Life Book” Tamara Laporte, Ever After is a rich collection of step-by-step mixed-media art lessons inspired by fairy tales, folk tales, and classic fiction.
Based on one of Tamara’s popular series of online classes, Ever After, this book addresses the most frequently asked question Tam receives from her students: “How do I develop my own creative style?”
In addition to the beautiful art lessons created especially for this book by Tamara and eight other noted mixed-media artists, each chapter offers creative exercises that invite readers to explore stories, their symbolism, and a specific aspect of style development as they work toward and ultimately achieve their artistic goals.
- The Story of You. Explore the experiences, feelings, and ideas that stir your passion, and how to adapt and change motifs and other visual elements to make them your own.
- Inspiration: How to Find It, How to Use It. Examine how to stay open to inspiration, incorporate it into your art practice, and integrate it into your artwork.
- Comfort Zones & Productivity. Learn strategies for working through your fear and dedicating time to your artmaking.
- Dealing with Challenges & Deepening Your Voice. Find guidance for starting a mindfulness practice to help you deal with harsh feedback, and for allowing yourself the joy of continually evolving your story, your message, and your style.
Ever After will teach you to tell your own unique stories through artmaking so that your wish – to become the artist you’ve always wanted to be – is sure to come true!
Includes lessons and tips from these renowned mixed-media artists:
- Kara Bullock
- Lucy Chen
- Danita Art
- Andrea Gomoll
- Annie Hamman
- Effy Wild
- Micki Wilde
- And me! —>
Fairy Tales, Fables & Fiction Featured stories include:
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Beauty & the Beast
- Goldilocks & the Three Bears
- Peter Pan
- Sleeping Beauty
- The Little Mermaid
- And of course my project: Beauty & the Beast!
Now maybe you think: “I see Beauty… But where did the Beast go?” Fun detail: he is hidden in the rose-locket on her chest, close to her heart:
The book is now out and can be ordered in the following places:
US: Amazon | Barns & Noble | Indie Bound
UK: Amazon |
CA: Amazon | Indigo
If you want a signed copy you can order it off Tam’s site directly here.
Now then, onto the give-away and blog hop! 🙂 I can give away 1 copy of Tam’s book to 1 lucky winner, yay! And if you follow the blog hop (see below for links and dates) you can up your chances of winning by entering all the other give-aways also!
How to enter the give-away
- Share this give-away on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the buttons below
- If you haven’t already, sign up to my newsletter (click here)
- Leave a comment below letting me know why YOU would love to get a copy of Tam’s book!
I will announce the winner on Friday, August 30!
Here is the list of the other people on Tam’s Book Launch Blog Hop. They too will be giving away a copy of Tam’s book so go check them out and enter their give-aways!!!
14th August 2019 -> Tamara Laporte
15th August 2019 -> Andrea Gomoll
16th August 2019 -> Carla Sonheim
17th August 2019 -> Danita Art
18th August 2019 -> Effy Wild
19th August 2019 -> Kara Bullock
20th August 2019 -> Lucy Chen
21st August 2019 -> Marielle Stolp <– You are here!
22nd August 2019 -> Mick Wilde
23rd August 2019 -> Toni Burt
24th August 2019 -> Jane Davenport
25th August 2019 -> Marieke Blokland
26th August 2019 -> Cinnamon Cooney
27th August 2019 -> Pamela Vosseller
28th August 2019 -> Galia Alena
29th August 2019 -> Annie Hamman
Have a great time following the blog hop! 🙂
I picked a winner: Dia’s Asleep by Dawn!
Congratulations and expect an email from me soon!